MCA, MERCHANDISING CONSULTANTS ASSOCIATES, is Canada’s leading 3rd party Sales and Merchandising Company based out of Toronto spanning across the country. We provide retail service and solutions to many of Canada’s leading Consumer Packaged Goods companies such as: PROCTER AND GAMBLE, BLACKHAWK, L’OREAL CANADA, SAFEWAY, FOSTER GRANT, KEURIG, HERSHEY CANADA and BIC, as well as LEADING RETAILERS: WAL-MART CANADA, CANADIAN TIRE, METRO, and SOBEYS
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
MCA is looking for an organized, energetic, and results-driven Regional Sales Manager to join and lead our Ontario Sales team. In this role you will oversee all sales and distribution in your assigned region and work to grow brand awareness and customer growth. The successful candidate will have the ability to remotely supervise a team of retail sales representatives and set profitable goals. We are looking for an individual who can meet and motivate sales goals, can manage a territory, great presentation skills, performance management, and can manage profitability.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of merchandising and sales activities in their designated territory.
This position is based in the Toronto Head Office. The candidate will be managing Greater Toronto Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees on company policies, procedures and position responsibilities.
- Schedules field visits with Retail Sales Representatives to assess, train, and develop retail skills and knowledge.
- Assigns Retail Sales Representative territories in an efficient manner that maximizes time and resources.
- Communicates retail priorities and updates to team in a timely manner.
- Manage Retail Sales Representatives overall work performance and productivity.
- Including the management of regional budgets and sales targets
- Identifies and diagnoses opportunities to increase both sales and rep performance. Leverages available data to inform recommendations and develop action plans.
- Develops and recommends strategies aimed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory, district and/or area business activities.
- Develop and support the execution of sales targets within the territory.
- Establishing quarterly goals for each of the representatives/territory with appropriate action plans to meet these goals.
- Maintains accurate records of Retail Sales Representatives work performance.
- Coaches and develops team to their fullest potential.
- Monitors execution of objectives and follows up with Retail Sales Representatives regarding completion.
- Maintains an acceptable level of retail compliance of assigned objectives.
- Communicates all current and pertinent information on product lines as it relates to maintenance, sales activities and promotions.
- Build and maintain consultative business relationships with client Key Decision Makers at all levels. Partner with Key Decision Makers to develop and execute a detailed action plan to increase and improve sales results within the territory, based on sales analytics and best practices. Cultivate a network of influential contacts at all levels of internal and external client and customers to achieve sales objectives within the territory.
- Inspects company equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper maintenance.
- Completes and submits to management, all required paperwork on a timely basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Requirements
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree required from accredited college/university or equivalent experience (merchandising, sales, marketing or related field)
- Proven work experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Area Manageror similar senior sales role
- PA and Sales Trak NG proficiency; working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to supervise a team of supervisor(s) and 20 – 30 retail sales representatives.
- Office and field environment. Some travel required.
Please note this is a salary position with fully paid expenses.
If this sounds like YOU and you are looking for an opportunity to work for Canada’s most well respected Third-Party Sales and Merchandising Company, we would love to hear from you!
MCA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
At MCA we appreciate all responses, however, only those qualified will be selected for an interview at this time.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“MCA – Exceptional Results through Executional Excellence at Retail”